|“||Strong intuition can save lives, especially in our line of work.||”|
Hugh has golden-blonde hair and blue eyes. He has shining white teeth when he smiles as well as dimples that form. He is broad and muscled.
Hugh has a boyish charm to him that makes him oddly likable. He is also a member of the LGBT+ community alongside his husband, Simon Westwood.
Description via Marissa Meyer
"Hugh, AKA Captain Chromium, is one of the leaders of the original Renegades, and he was instrumental in ending the Age of Anarchy in Gatlon City. He is married to the Dread Warden, and Adrian is their adopted son. His superpowers include invincibility and super strength, and he is almost indestructible. He seems larger than life to the outside world, but to Adrian, he’s just ‘Dad’."
Powers & Abilities
- Invincibility: Hugh is invincible to any physical attack, as well as any weapon or extreme of nature. He is also invincible to Max's ability of absorbtion and telekinesis as well as the abilities of any other prodigy.
- Super strength: Hugh is extremely strong as he can throw his pike hundreds of feet in the air with effective accuracy and break through walls with his bare hands.
- Chromium Manipulation: Hugh can create chromium items out of thin air which retains his own invincibility to a certain degree.
- Captain Chromium's body is lined with chromium directly beneath the skin as well as in other parts of his body. Nova believes the only possible way to kill Captain Chromium is to shoot him in the eye, the one place where the tip of her poisonous dart will not snap. It is unknown whether or not Captain Chromium is invincible to poisons and whether this would have actually worked.
- Max's absorbtion has no affect on Captain Chromium.
- Captain Chromium can drink anything extremely hot or cold without feeling pain.
- Hugh Everhart & Simon Westwood are the first LGBT+ couple seen in the series and the first LGBT+ couple to raise children.
- Hugh's ability to be immune to all powers is based off of the real-life element chromium, which is used to make stainless steel (giving it anti-corrosion properties). It is a hard, steely transition metal.