|“||One cannot be afraid, when they have nothing left to lose.||”|
Adrian Everhart, known as Sketch, is one of the main protagonists in Renegades.
Adrian's power manifested the first time he was handed a crayon. His scribbles came to life and squiggled around his apartment.
While a toddler, he created lines that believed they were dinosaurs and aliens. Those scribbles always tried to chomp down on people's toes when they were walking around. His mother, Lady Indomitable thought it would be a good idea to hire an art teacher to give Adrian drawing lessons.
He later appears as the Sentinel when the Renegades were fighting Nightmare, who'd tried to assassinate the Captain at the parade. During the fight, he accidentally burnt Monarch and Nightmare got away after putting him to sleep. However, due to being the Sentinel at the time, nobody knew he was there. He developed an immense interest in Nightmare and becomes determined to fight her after she says, "One cannot be brave who has no fear," which were the same words found on his mother's dead body years earlier.
At Headquarters, he visited Danna and becomes guilty after seeing she was hurt. He is informed that Ruby received the gun Nightmare had used and that it was sold by Gene Cronin, a former weapons dealer. The Council wants to send someone to the library to investigate, so Adrian volunteers.
Later that night, he gave himself a laser tattoo, an idea he'd gotten from Max. The next morning, he meets Nova and finds himself inexplicably drawn to her. He gives her a tour and is surprised by her curiosity. Unbeknownst to him, Nova was undercover and was actually Nightmare.
They tour the training hall and after the slight test from Danna, he is impressed by Nova's observational skills.
Nova later meets Max and becomes determined to find out what his power is after Adrian responds, "It's classified." He then gives her a communicator and tells her about the Gene Cronin case. As Nova is Nightmare and is worried immensely about Gene being arrested (therefore cutting off their main weapon supply), she visits the Anarchists and requests that Ingrid hide the weapons they're keeping. Ingrid agrees but later betrays Nova.
They set up camp in an office building across from the library. Nova and Adrain then share a moment on the roof, in which he develops feelings for her.
Adrian is a tall boy with dark skin, close-cut hair, and thick-framed glasses. He is lean but muscular. When he smiles, he gets dimples around his mouth.
His personality is truly unique, artsy, yet determined. Adrian is extremely loyal to his friends. While embodying the Sentinel, his secret identity, he is willing to break rules. He is considerate of others and tries his best to make others smile.
Description via Marissa Meyer
"Adrian is the adopted child of Captain Chromium and the Dread Warden, two of the original Renegades. Adrian’s superpower is that he can make anything he draws real—which may not sound all that tough, but comes in more handy than you might think. Recently he’s become obsessed with catching a villain who goes by the name Nightmare after she attempted to assassinate one of his dads. Adrian is the leader of his Renegade squad, and his friends respect his sense of morality and justice. But he also has a big secret he hasn’t told any of them yet . . ." 
Abilities & Skills
- Artwork Genesis: Adrian possesses the ability to turn all of his drawings into reality, including the tattoos he gives himself, which can give him new abilities. His power relies more on intention than artistic skill.
- Fire Manipulation: Adrian has the power to create and resist fire.
- Concussive Ray: Adrian has the ability to shoot a light beam with extreme accuracy at his enemies, knocking them out.
- Jumping: Adrian can jump extremely long distances or to very high heights.
- Sentinel Suit: Adrian has possession of the Sentinel suit. It is completely bulletproof and protects him from many other forms of attack, although it can be penetrated by some weapons, such as Ruby's dagger. Any damage done to the suit can be repaired through his Artwork Genesis ability.
- Vitality Charm: This tattoo is a copy of the symbol of the Vitality Charm which Adrian found in The Vault. After Adrian learned the symbol on the medallion allowed him to be closer to Max, he tattooed it on himself. He now has protection from poisoning, illness, The Bandit's power, and Agent N.
Weapons & Equipment
- Drawing Equipment. Chalk, markers, pencils, pens, and anything Adrian uses to outline his drawings to bring them to life. He keeps a marker and chalk in a pocket in his Renegade uniform sleeve.
- Adrian draws tools & weaponry for the Renegades.
- When left to his own devices, Adrian likes to draw buildings for Max to build his Gatlon City model, though most of them were destroyed when Nightmare infiltrated Renegades Headquarters in Archenemies.