|“||But you can't call me Alec anymore, not out there. All right, little nightmare? To the rest of the world, I'm Ace. You understand? Uncle Ace.||”|
Ace Anarchy, born Alec Artino, is the creator of the Anarchists and the ruler of Gatlon City during the Age of Anarchy. Ace was thought to be dead, though, in actuality, his supposed death is but a ruse.
He later advises Nova on what she needs to get done and how it has to be done as he showed great trust and faith in her. However, at the end of Archenemies, he was captured by the Sentinel, Red-Assassin & Smokescreen after draining himself in a battle with them.
When Ace was young, his brother, David, made him an Enhancement Helmet with which he practiced his telekinesis ability. Ace later saw the oppression being shown to prodigies and gathered the most powerful prodigies he could find to form the Anarchists, with whose help he overthrew the government and founded the Age of Anarchy.
As is revealed by the Dread Warden, on the Day of Triumph, Ace stood atop the cathedral, attacking Renegades from above. He remained uninjured until Captain Chromium confronted Ace with Max strapped to his back. After taking enough of Ace's power, Captain Chromium was able to take Ace's helmet away from him. Ace then jumped from the top of the cathedral into the fire below.
Somehow, Ace Anarchy survived the fall and meets Nova again with his power intact.
He advises Nova on what she needs to get done and how it has to be done as he showed great trust and faith in her. However, at the end of Archenemies, he was captured by the Sentinel, Red-Assassin & Smokescreen after draining himself in a battle with them.
When Ace gets his helmet back in the arena, he starts to tear it apart. During this fight - he kills Blacklight, crushes Tsunami with a platform, and traps Renegades using his telekinesis. He apparently also hired the hitman who murdered his brother, niece, and sister-in-law. Ace is killed at the end of the book when Captain Chromium impales him with the Silver Spear as Ace was trying to throw Nova off the cathedral roof. His body fell off the roof and he was later buried in the Catacombs in a chromium coffin with the helmet.
After spending most of his time in the Catacombs, he is described to be very pale and gaunt. He is said to have dark eyes and thinning black hair.
Ace truly believes he is doing the right thing and refuses to call himself a villain. He is determined, manipulative, cunning, resourceful, and powerful. He likewise holds grudges for long periods of time.
"Nova’s Uncle Alec was her only living relative after her family was killed. Better known as Ace Anarchy, he was the leader of the Anarchists during the Age of Anarchy in Gatlon City. His power of telekinesis was made stronger by a helmet that Nova’s father welded for him in their youth. Ace was killed during the final battle for Gatlon City against the Renegades, and the Council seized and destroyed his helmet—the thing that made his power almost unstoppable. Nova misses him every day, and wants to take down the Renegades in his name."
Skills & Abilities
- Telekinesis: Ace possessed the ability of telekinesis and is described by Nova to be one of the most powerful telekinetic prodigies of all time. However, most of his power was stolen by Max.
- Enhancement Helmet: His brother invented a helmet for him which made his power nearly unstoppable. After Ace's "death," the helmet was taken by the Council, who were incapable of destroying it. After Nova breaks into Renegade Headquarters, she steals the helmet back for Ace though there is a fake replica of the helmet.
- Cathedral: His home-base and fort when in battle. A decade after the Day of Triumph when he was claimed to be dead, he hid in the catacombs underneath.
- Practically Everything: He can levitate almost anything to use as a weapon. The only things he can't levitate are people (excluding himself) and Captain Chromium's chromium weapons.
Ace cares for and believes in Nova as she is the last known surviving member of his family. After her family was killed by a man who worked for the Roaches, Ace finds her and kills the man who shot her family. He affectionately calls her - "Nightmare."
- Ace always wore his helmet except for when he was meditating above the ground with candles being suspended in midair.
- "I know, little Nightmare. I have faith in you. And when you succeed, we will rise again. We will all rise again."
- Ace Anarchy in Archenemies, pg. 111
- "I am proud of you, my little Nightmare. I know this has not been easy, but your trials are nearing an end. Soon, I will be strong again, and I will take the torch that you have lit and lead us into a new era."
- Ace Anarchy in Archenemies, pg. 361
• “I believe in a man’s freedom to craft his own life, to make his own choices, without the meddling of a higher power. Without The interference of arbitrary laws. Without the forced imposition of someone else’s principles, all under the guise of providing for a ‘greater good’.”
-Ace Anarchy in Supernova, pg. 384